Red Dress Series

Red Dress Series
Marketa Sivek

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring is around the Corner....Are you getting ready??

I think I'm like many of you; you don't have enough closet space to contain all the wonderful clothes, shoes, purses etc.  What do we do? We use the garage, basement or storage unit to contain the overflow.  Not the best solution but it's an option until we get that perfect Sex in the City walk-in closet.  Recently (actually just this past weekend) I decided to go through the mass of "stuff" in the basement that I hadn't thought about in many many months.  It was a great experience.  I literally felt like I was shopping in my own little resale shop.

What did I find you might ask?
  1. There were lots of things that needed to go to Goodwill and I was pleased to be able to do that!
  2. There were some items that I can take to consignment and actually make a few dollars!
  3. There were items that I found that I can still wear in the Winter - I actually found my ski pants that had gone missing!!
  4. And there were items that I found for the Spring/Summer that I had packed away and didn't realize I had plus they are actually in style...like these awesome JCrew white shorts - didn't know I had them but I think I'll be rockin' them with summer wedge sandals.
So I urge you to go through your items, determine what to donate, what you keep for current season and what you can leverage for the upcoming season.  I had some good surprises and at the end of the day I was able to donate 3 large bags of clothes, shoes etc. - allowing me to pass the style on to someone else.

And I cannot tell a lie...this now frees me up to possible get a few more things!

Good luck with your own closet, basement, storage clean out.

No comments:

Post a Comment