Red Dress Series

Red Dress Series
Marketa Sivek

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Party Planning 101

Happy to report that I might have a new calling in life - Party Planner!!  Last weekend, Rainbow and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Kristen.  The theme (cause you have to have a theme) was High Tea.  We didn't know the baby's gender so we went with a baby green color on the invites and the decor and things turned out beautiful.  We had baby 'onesys' as decoration, we had a baby shower banner that looked liked it came from etsy.com.  Everyone received a tea cup in which to enjoy their tea, as it also served as their party favor - genius right!?

Rainbow made great finger sandwiches and I did the desserts.  The baby diaper cake after a little negotiation turned out beautiful...we garnished with fresh flowers and it was the the star of the show.

Shall I say that its in the details my friends when planning a party and being a great hostess - well it is.  And its hard work, but its more gratifying than I thought possible.  I cannot wait to host again! - Anyone having a party??!! 

Happy event planning, even if its a weekday dinner 2 at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment