Red Dress Series

Red Dress Series
Marketa Sivek

Tuesday, December 17, 2013


You've seen me post about other projects that I have done and I'm quite thrilled with most of them, but one that I have to share with you is something I did last year...and now that its Christmas time it reminds me all over again of the thrill of finding something old and reinventing it into something wonderful (and useful).

Each Christmas I spend time with my family and last year, I happen to spend that time with my parents in my hometown of Norman, Oklahoma. We love to shop at Estate Sales, Garage Sales and Fair grounds...You never know what you're going to find and in Norman the prices are so cheap that I can bring it back DIY-it and make a killing on Craig's List (I've sold a few things already!!). This piece you see below was a rare find...an old printing cabinet that would be perfect as a jewelry case to house ALL OF MY STUFF! and yes, i have enough stuff...

I had to first haul this all the way back to Chicago, up 3 flights of stairs and into the spare bedroom, prep and paint the thing but in the end, it was a pure labor of love. It looks Sears & Roebuck-ish, and I totally dig it because I love my tools as much as I love my glam!

What will I come up with next...I'm going home in a few days super excited to see my family...but looking forward to my next discovery!

Happy Holidays - let the unexpected, thrill you!
'elle


No comments:

Post a Comment