Red Dress Series

Red Dress Series
Marketa Sivek

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pumpkin Project

I think on multiple occasions I have told you that I love Fall, its truly my favorite time of the year because I like the weather, cool but not too cold...the layering of all the wonderful clothes and the fun of treats that one can make and give as gifts. In preparation for my book club meeting at my house, I decided that I needed to decorate my condo with a little Fall decor. I like to craft; therfore I would see what I could create from the Dollar Store (since I see many wonderful posts about the cool crafts made on a Dollar Store dollar!).

I like Pumpkins, I have a mixture of real/faux and various colors (not orange since I don't really like orange all that much). I decided to take the orange pumpkins and make them more appealing to my personal decor. I have lots of cans of spray paint from other projects that I used to quickly paint these 4 pumpkins. I just added a skewer to the foam pumpkin to allow me to spray it complete and it made it easier for them to dry without messing them up. I then glossed them with some glossy spray and again allowed them to dry. Next came the fun part. I went into my junk drawer to see what I had to decorate these with...I found pearls and push-pins! As you can see it was easy to push-pin a decorative monogram (M for Michelle) or just accent the natural lines of the pumpkin. My best one (I think) is the black and white pearls... Not all of my pumpkins were successful -- I started out with 4 but only 3 ended up on my results page.

It was fun to do, and I can keep these for next year...however I have already given one away to my boyfriend's little 5 year old as she fell in love with it and how can I say no...I mean afterall, its a dollar pumpkin!

I hope this gives you some decorative ideas for your Fall fun.

Falling for Fall
'elle


No comments:

Post a Comment