Red Dress Series

Red Dress Series
Marketa Sivek

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hello Ladies, as many of you may know I have this “thing” for fashion and like each of you I’m looking forward to Spring 2014 – you also may be wondering, “how do I look hip and cool after this long, long winter vortex of a season?”…well I’m here to help!
I have gone through my literature: Vogue, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, W and a few wonderful fashion blogs and have synthesized and broken down a few of the upcoming season’s trends just for you!

Shall we begin…

Fringe – pretty much anything with fringe on it and you’re cool. Now don’t go all fringe crazy, meaning don’t wear every fringy thing you own at one time, but getting a couple of pieces – a bag or shoes with fringe will keep you on the cutting edge! Try it, I may have to – I think I have something from the eighties I can bring back out…which leads me to the next trend…

Mules – Yes, I said it mules. And you’ll laugh, but I actually own a pair of mule shoes. I kept them just in case, and the fact that they are cool green snakeskin doesn't hurt, but I digress…mules ladies ‘nough said.

Crop Tops/Jackets – Here I will caution you. Now I don’t generally like to prescribe what you should or should not wear, but it takes a certain person to pull this look off (specifically the crop top)…like someone with a flat stomach…no one wants to see a bunch of flesh rollin’ over. You cannot wear support clothing with something like this either... we saw a woman attempt that in NYC last year – it does not work!! We also don’t want to see nude spandex holding you in…just saying. Try it if you dare…after I finish my 10 day cleanse I might think about it – LOL!!

Statement/Slogan Clothing – I can totally see many of you pulling this off…as you always have such witty things to say in person or via text. I’m looking for one now – share yours if you have one already.

Nude – (the color, not talking about waking around naked!) they are saying that Nude is making a statement, and I’m all for it. Don’t call it a comeback!! (yes that is from a rap song…) but its true nude is a color you want to incorporate to dare I say it ' make an impact'.

There is more…I could go all day others include:
• Pleated Skirts
• Sports Inspired Clothing/Shores
• Statement Jewelry
• Sheer layering
• Cropped Pans and Wide Leg Pants

Enjoy your shopping, looking forward to seeing you and your style this Spring!

Spring is Coming!
'elle

No comments:

Post a Comment