Red Dress Series

Red Dress Series
Marketa Sivek

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Getting Ready for the New Season

I don't know about you, but for me to get ready for Fall, I need to assess what I currently have; so that I buy the right things to compliment my closet and yet get in style Fall-fashion. What better way to do that than with a Closet Audit!  Don't worry ladies, this isn't a difficult thing to do, it can actually be fun.  Some good tunes, a glass of wine and you're good to go!

Step 1. Empty the closet! Basically take everything out of the closet and see what you have...things that are worn out, don't fit, outdated, haven't been worn, you look like a cow in it, or doesn't make you look like a million dollars - GET RID OF IT.

Step 2. Now getting rid of it doesn't mean throwing it away necessarily, it just means you either need to repair/alter it, donate it, or trash it.  I'll let you decide...but remember gals, don't think at your current size 10 (or whatever) that you'll get back into that LBD which is a size 5 anytime soon...be practical and be honest with yourself!

Step 3. Organize the clothes - For many of you, you have a closet large enough to hold all seasons.  I, myself, can only hold one season...but what you ideally want to do is organize your closet by current season...then lifestyle; business, dressy, and causal.  I know I'll stop right there - not practical!  I realize that a lot of of have clothes that cross into all three so you can skip that part. Once you have the "going back into the closet" clothes identified; hang each item in groups so all dresses, pants, skirts, etc. are together and lastly organize by color within your segments. 

By following these 3 easy steps, you will be able to more quickly find what you're looking for AND will be able to put together that stunning outfit each and every time!

Happy Closet Audit Ladies!

'cheers - did I mention this is more fun w/wine...highly recommend it! and with a friend - someone you trust and will give you the right advice...not someone who wants your clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment