Red Dress Series

Red Dress Series
Marketa Sivek

Monday, July 29, 2013

At the end of June we, here in Chicago hwe ave the most amazing parade - Gay Pride Parade on Halsted street. Its a long long tradition with participation from people from all over... What I love most about the week of fun and celebration is the wonderful party with friends. This year was the last party (so sad)and each year we have a party theme...years past we had Birds of Paradise...this year was Love Warrior (fighting for love equality for all). I have made my dresses in the past and this year was no different...I had planned on a rainbow colored tutu and after hitting the fabric stores...that was not going to be the case (too many other people were doing the same thing). I like to be different; instead of going with the obvious, I went with classic. I made a classic tutu in a champagne color -- so much fun to make and even more to wear! I can't wait to make one for my friend's daughter. Ready, Set - Tutu!

You should tutu too!

No comments:

Post a Comment